1/1 Photo of Clifford Tea Cookies
From my grandmother's collection, we also know this recipe by the name, "Caramel Refrigerator Cookies." They are simple but delightful little cookie to serve at any time, not just when enjoying a cup of hot tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and nuts and set aside.
- 2Cream together in large mixing bowl the oleo, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- 3In batches, mix in dry ingredients. Using a strong butter knife to mix with makes mixing easier, but it is a very stiff dough.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 5When ready to bake, heat oven to 400 (F). Roll into small 1" balls, flatten with bottom of glass, on an UNGREASED cookie sheet. You can space them close together as they do not spread much in baking.
- 6Bake 8-10 minutes. Cool on pan 2 minutes before transferring to cooling racks. Store in air tight container.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clifford Tea Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.6
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 722.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 87.0 g
- Protein 16.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: