From Ainsley Harriet. This speedy dinner of roast chicken, honeyed potatoes, bacon-wrapped sausages, stir-fried broccoli, and bread sauce has got Ainsley out of hot water on more than one occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) potatoes, each halved lenghthwise
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices smoked bacon
- 4 sausages
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 7 ounces broccoli florets
- salt & pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes until just tender.
- 3Meanwhile, place the chicken breasts in a roasting pan, season well and dot with a little butter. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- 4Meanwhile, stretch the bacon with the back of a knife and cut each slice in half widthwise. Wrap a half slice around each sausage and add to the chicken pan.
- 5Heat the reamining butter in a small pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened; then pour in the milk and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs and nutmeg; season to taste and keep warm.
- 6Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. Toss with the honey and 1 tablespoon of the oil and arrange around the chicken in the roasting pan. Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- 7Heat the remaining oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic and broccoli for 2 minutes. Add a splash of water and cook for another 2 minutes until tender. Season to taste.
- 8Place the chicken breasts on large serving plates with the honeyed potatoes, bacon wrapped sausages, stir-fried broccoli and bread sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clever Cook's Roast Chicken Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1100.4
- Calories from Fat 602
- Total Fat 66.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 188.6 mg
- Sodium 1209.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 55.8 g