Recipe by looneytunesfan
From Ainsley Harriet. This speedy dinner of roast chicken, honeyed potatoes, bacon-wrapped sausages, stir-fried broccoli, and bread sauce has got Ainsley out of hot water on more than one occasion.
- 4 (4 ounce) potatoes, each halved lenghthwise
- 2 (4 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices smoked bacon
- 4 sausages
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 7 ounces broccoli florets
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes until just tender.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken breasts in a roasting pan, season well and dot with a little butter. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, stretch the bacon with the back of a knife and cut each slice in half widthwise. Wrap a half slice around each sausage and add to the chicken pan.
- Heat the reamining butter in a small pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened; then pour in the milk and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs and nutmeg; season to taste and keep warm.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. Toss with the honey and 1 tablespoon of the oil and arrange around the chicken in the roasting pan. Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok and stir-fry the garlic and broccoli for 2 minutes. Add a splash of water and cook for another 2 minutes until tender. Season to taste.
- Place the chicken breasts on large serving plates with the honeyed potatoes, bacon wrapped sausages, stir-fried broccoli and bread sauce.