1 hr 25 mins
A healthy, yummy, semi-spicy chili using turkey or chicken breast and lots of beans.
My Private Note
1 cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 onions, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb turkey breast, diced (can use chicken)
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, shite
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (d & r)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, d & r
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy, d & r (or white corn)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1Add oil to stock pot, using medium heat, quickly add cumin seed and cook until lightly smoking and smells good.
- 2Add onions and quickly stir all together, lower heat to low. Next add garlic and stir. Cook for 2 minutes and add meat. Raise the heat a little and then add next 4 spices (oregano, cumin, chili and thyme).
- 3When meat is cooked, add jalapenos and broth. Cook until boiling.
- 4While broth is coming to boil, blend garbanzo beans and water. (I use a hand stick blender. This helps thicken the chili and add unique flavor.) Add mixture to broth.
- 5Add all beans, lime juice and stir. Lower heat and cook for an hour.
- 6Taste, add salt and/or pepper if needed.
- 7Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, green onions, etc. I think it tastes great by itself!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cleveland White Chili
Serving Size: 1 (3558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 397.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 14.9 g