Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is my boyfriend's recipe, he likes things spicier, but I tried to take it down a little for more normal people :) Feel free to add or subtract as your tastes enjoy. Some of the can sizes will be off...just select the nearest can size.
- 4 links spicy turkey sausage
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 (15 ounce) cans light kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 ounces chili seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Remove the skin from the turkey sausage & cut into small pieces.
- Brown the turkey sausage in olive oil until cooked.
- Mix cooked turkey, all beans, and tomato paste, stewed tomato & sauce into a crock pot.
- Add seasoning, ancho chili powder, diced onion, red bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, hot sauce and beer in crockpot.
- Stir & simmer in crock pot for at least 2 to 4 hours on low until beans are soft & flavors are integrated.