Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
One of the many recipes floating around on Facebook. Brown rice flour gives the biscuits crunch and promotes better dog digestion. Many dogs have touchy stomachs or allergies and do not tolerate wheat.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and pumpkin to smooth.
- Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and dried parsley (if using, optional).
- Add brown rice flour gradually, combining with spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine. Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ – depending on your dog’s chew preferences, – and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go.
- Place shapes on cookie sheet, no greasing or paper necessary. If desired, press fork pattern on biscuits before baking, a quick up-and-down movement with fork, lightly pressing down halfway through dough.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.