1/1 Photo of Cleo's Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
1 hr 25 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Virginia Sue Green
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In large bowl, whisk together eggs and pumpkin to smooth.
- 3Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and dried parsley (if using, optional).
- 4Add rice flour gradually, combining with spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry dough.
- 5Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine.
- 6Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ – depending on your dog’s chew preferences, – and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go.
- 7Place shapes on cookie sheet, no greasing or paper necessary.
- 8If desired, press fork pattern on biscuits before baking, a quick up-and-down movement with fork, lightly pressing down halfway through dough.
- 9Bake 20 minutes.
- 10Remove from oven and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes.
- 11Allow to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.
- 12* Brown rice flour gives the biscuits crunch and promotes better dog digestion. Many dogs have touchy stomachs or allergies, and do not, like many people I know, tolerate wheat.
- 13Makes up to 75 small (1″) biscuits or 50 medium biscuits.
Browse Our Top For Large Groups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All For Large Groups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cleo's Pumpkin Dog Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (12 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 22.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g