Prep 45 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from Virginia Sue Green
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour (or wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs and pumpkin to smooth.
- Stir in dry milk, sea salt, and dried parsley (if using, optional).
- Add rice flour gradually, combining with spatula or hands to form a stiff, dry dough.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface (can use the brown rice flour) and if dough is still rough, briefly knead and press to combine.
- Roll dough between 1/4 – 1/2″ – depending on your dog’s chew preferences, – and use biscuit or other shape cutter to punch shapes, gathering and re-rolling scraps as you go.
- Place shapes on cookie sheet, no greasing or paper necessary.
- If desired, press fork pattern on biscuits before baking, a quick up-and-down movement with fork, lightly pressing down halfway through dough.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully turn biscuits over, then bake additional 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on rack before feeding to dog.
- * Brown rice flour gives the biscuits crunch and promotes better dog digestion. Many dogs have touchy stomachs or allergies, and do not, like many people I know, tolerate wheat.
- Makes up to 75 small (1″) biscuits or 50 medium biscuits.
my dogs loved this. i did run out of rice flour and used gluten free pizza flour for one batch and sweet potatoes instead of pumpkin. but they loved it.. thanks for recipe!!