Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My new fave! Printed on the back of the Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chip bag. They are different than the other recipes posted. The baking aroma is enough to start you drooling. The cookie recipe made exactly as many as it said it would. Tended to fall apart easily as I took them off the cookie sheet so be cautious. Simply scrumptious. They do harden substantially as they "set up". I would highly encourage the lower/lowest baking time. Up to you, forewarned though...
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color (about four minutes).
- Add vanilla and egg, mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Stir flour with baking soda, salt and spices; add to cream mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-9 minutes for a chewy cookie.
- Bake 10-11 minutes for a crisp cookie.
- Cool one minute on a cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling racks.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Excellent cookies. The timing was perfect for a crisp cookie and the directions were perfect. The yield was on the mark as well with 60 perfectly sized cookies. I loved the combination of cinnamon and nutmeg in these. The recipe didn't state what type of oats. I had old fashioned which I gave a whirl in the blender before using. These will be made again I am sure. Thanks for sharing.
These are amazing!! My store was out of semi-sweet chocolates so I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips. I also used Quick Oats. These cookies were crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside=perfect!! I love the flavor given by the walnuts!
The taste was AMAZING (worth all 5 stars) but I had a little trouble with the texture and end result. I baked at 375 for 9 minutes on the middle rack in the oven. My cookies came out flat, very greasy, almost unbaked in the middle, but crispy on the edges and very dark back sides. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong??