Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
My new fave! Printed on the back of the Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chip bag. They are different than the other recipes posted. The baking aroma is enough to start you drooling. The cookie recipe made exactly as many as it said it would. Tended to fall apart easily as I took them off the cookie sheet so be cautious. Simply scrumptious. They do harden substantially as they "set up". I would highly encourage the lower/lowest baking time. Up to you, forewarned though...
Top Review by PaulaG
Excellent cookies. The timing was perfect for a crisp cookie and the directions were perfect. The yield was on the mark as well with 60 perfectly sized cookies. I loved the combination of cinnamon and nutmeg in these. The recipe didn't state what type of oats. I had old fashioned which I gave a whirl in the blender before using. These will be made again I am sure. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups oats, uncooked
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar and brown sugar at medium speed until creamy and lightened in color (about four minutes).
- Add vanilla and egg, mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Stir flour with baking soda, salt and spices; add to cream mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in oats.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-9 minutes for a chewy cookie.
- Bake 10-11 minutes for a crisp cookie.
- Cool one minute on a cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling racks.
- Store in tightly covered container.