Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was watching a Claire Robinson holiday show; she does the “5 Ingredients or Less” show on the food channel. I had just purchased a crate of clementines at the store that day and happened to stumble on this episode where she mentioned the crates of clementines available during the holidays. I never associated them with the holidays before and now I’m so glad I know since I come across a lot of clementine recipes on ‘Zaar and haven’t always been able to find them. In case you’re counting, this does have 5 ingredients if you ignore the water and garnish! Happy holidays! Cheers!
CLEMENTINE SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 clementines, quartered
- 2⁄3 cup cranberry juice
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla vodka
- 1 clementine, sliced for garnish
- Chill 6-8 martini glasses by filling with ice and water. Set aside while you prepare the beverage.
- To make simple syrup, add sugar and water to medium saucepan. Juice the clementine quarters into the pan by squeezing them and then drop the spent rinds into the pan. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Strain into a glass measuring cup and set aside to cool.
- To make the cosmos, place the cooled clementine simple syrup into a cocktail pitcher. Add the cranberry juice, lime juice, and vanilla vodka. Cover the pitcher and shake vigorously to blend or stir vigorously. Pour into empty chilled martini glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of clementine and serve.