Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
We enjoy this at the Christmas holiday time when clementines are in season, I found the recipe in FIVE ROSES flour booklet.
- 3 medium clementines (approx. 12 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons clementine zest
- 2 tablespoons clementine juice (from 1 clementine)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- Wash and remove stems from clementines, cut into quarters, process clementines with sugar in food processor until smooth.
- Add butter, then eggs; process until smooth Add flour,baking powder, process until combined.
- Spoon into greased 8-cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 50 minutes, until golden (depends on your oven). Cool on rack 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and leave on the rack until cold.
- Grate rind and squeeze juice from the clementine.
- Measure 2 tsp rind and 2 tblsp juice into a bowl, add butter, icing sugar and liqueur.
- Mix until icing is smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled cake.
LOVE it! I had clementines I needed to use, and found this recipe Easy and delicious!! Used a 9" X 13" pan cause that's what I had. Didn't turn out very tall, but tastes great. Made a glaze of clementine juice, powdered sugar and a dash of salt. Moist, dense cake with lots of flavor. Will definitely makes this again!!!!!
Yummy!!! I've made cakes with the icing and I just did cakepops with my babycakes machine. They turned out great! Super easy and delicious recipe!!!!