Recipe by Elly in Canada
We enjoy this at the Christmas holiday time when clementines are in season, I found the recipe in FIVE ROSES flour booklet.
Top Review by nicolepelonero
Turned out great! Super moist & loved the fresh citrus flavor. Baked in bundt pan. Iced with icing & topped with candied clementine slices simmered in sugar water & a drop of vanilla. I used a little syrup in the icing instead of fresh clementine juice. It was awesome! The perfect ending to our Walter Mitty dinner & movie night
- 3 medium clementines (approx. 12 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons clementine zest
- 2 tablespoons clementine juice (from 1 clementine)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and remove stems from clementines, cut into quarters, process clementines with sugar in food processor until smooth.
- Add butter, then eggs; process until smooth Add flour,baking powder, process until combined.
- Spoon into greased 8-cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 50 minutes, until golden (depends on your oven). Cool on rack 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and leave on the rack until cold.
- Grate rind and squeeze juice from the clementine.
- Measure 2 tsp rind and 2 tblsp juice into a bowl, add butter, icing sugar and liqueur.
- Mix until icing is smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled cake.