Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
We enjoy this at the Christmas holiday time when clementines are in season, I found the recipe in FIVE ROSES flour booklet.
- 3 medium clementines (approx. 12 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons clementine zest
- 2 tablespoons clementine juice (from 1 clementine)
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- Wash and remove stems from clementines, cut into quarters, process clementines with sugar in food processor until smooth.
- Add butter, then eggs; process until smooth Add flour,baking powder, process until combined.
- Spoon into greased 8-cup bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees approximately 50 minutes, until golden (depends on your oven). Cool on rack 10 minutes, then remove cake from pan and leave on the rack until cold.
- Grate rind and squeeze juice from the clementine.
- Measure 2 tsp rind and 2 tblsp juice into a bowl, add butter, icing sugar and liqueur.
- Mix until icing is smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled cake.
Excellent!!! The clementine flavor is just right with this cake and glaze. Other recipes for clementine cake use ground almonds instead of flour and I don't always have ground almonds on hand. This uses flour but the taste and texture are just as good as using almonds. I will be making this again for sure.
LOVE it! I had clementines I needed to use, and found this recipe Easy and delicious!! Used a 9" X 13" pan cause that's what I had. Didn't turn out very tall, but tastes great. Made a glaze of clementine juice, powdered sugar and a dash of salt. Moist, dense cake with lots of flavor. Will definitely makes this again!!!!!
Yummy!!! I've made cakes with the icing and I just did cakepops with my babycakes machine. They turned out great! Super easy and delicious recipe!!!!