Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Hitchhiking to Heaven Blog. Please note time in directions.
Make and share this Clementine Almond Lime Marmalade recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs clementines
- 3 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 cups apple jelly
- 5 ounces kaffir lime syrup
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Clean, chill and finely slice the clementines.
- Combine the clementines, sugar, and lemon juice in a heavy-bottomed pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then remove it from the heat, put it in a large bowl and place it, covered, into the fridge overnight.
- The next day, add about 1/4 cup of water (this isn't in the original recipe, but I like to do it), simmer the mixture again, and let it sit another night in the fridge.
- (Some reputable sources say this step isn't necessary and that you can go ahead and finish the marmalade on the second day, but I've continued to let it sit for a second night -- because it works, or maybe because I'm lazy, not sure which.).
- The following day (this is day two or three, depending on whether you include Step 3), put the mixture back into the heavy pot and add:.
- apple jelly kaffir lime syrup slivered almonds
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring gently. Skim if necessary. Boil at high temperature until the mixture reaches the jelling point (220F) -- about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Ladle the hot mixture into sterilized half-pint jars and process. I left 1/4 inch head space and processed for ten minutes in a water bath canner.