Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
The original Cowboy Choc Chip Cookie recipe was enhanced by my dad and they are a hit with everyone. Growing up us kids were always guinea pigs for him.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (3 can also be used)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven at 375.
- Melt butter and 1/2 of the chocolate chips in a saucepan. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the sugar and brown sugar along with the eggs and melted mixture. Add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 min for chewy and 11 min for crisp cookies.