Recipe by Nyteglori
A bit different from your normal Caesar Salad
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Made this exactly as written (a rarity in my case) and LOVED it. We are big Caesar fans here and this is a great rendition. Loved the crumbled bacon - it went perfectly with the other fixins. The dressing was superb.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 anchovy fillets, pureed
- 3 blanched garlic cloves, pureed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄4 cups garlic-flavored croutons
- 5 slices well cooked bacon
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub inside of bowl with bruised garlic clove - discard clove.
- Mix mustard, anchovies, garlic puree and lemon juice in bowl to make a thick paste.
- Using a whisk add egg yolks and Worcestershire sauce, mix well.
- Add vinegar, then slowly add oil while whisking constantly.
- Add half the Parmesan and whisk again.
- Tear lettuc leaves into smaller pieces and add to salad bowl containing dressing.
- Add salt and pepper as desired, tossing salad until evenly coated.
- Add croutons and crumbled bacon.
- Toss again then sprinkle remaining cheese and serve.