alice Dave's Note:
This recipe is so simple, but so yummy. It is very satisfying on a cold night, and comes in handy when you want to make something quick and flavorful. This is my own recipe which I developed because when I was making my "Intoxicating, Sinful, Just plain delicious MARINARA SAUCE" recipe, I always had tons of leftover tomato juice that I didn't want to keep wasting. I decided to make soup and ended up getting a "free meal" so to speak. So, this meal is three things: economical, efficient, and comforting to eat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups tomato juice, strained (please refer to my "Intoxicating, Sinful, Just plain delicious MARINARA SAUCE" recipe if you need to)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I'm not sure on this measurement. I think it is right, but might be a little more or a little less.)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook on medium heat.
- 2Let it cook to thicken up a little and for the flavors to mature.
- 3Serve with cheesebread or Croutons.
- 4I make my cheesebread by taking a slice of white bread with a little mayo, and a thin slice of mozarella or cheddar cheese put under the broiler.
- 5I make my croutons by cutting day old white bread into squares, sticking it on a cooking sheet at 350 degrees until hard. Then put into a bowl with melted butter and dry basil and oregano. Voila!
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clear Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 1333.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 3.9 g