Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good soup from the Foodcourt column by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend magazine(dated:01/02/04).
- 4 cups beef stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, washed and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup canned sliced bamboo shoot
- 1⁄2 cup tofu, cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed
- Bring stock to a boil in a large pot.
- Add spring onions, soya sauce and bamboo shoots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add bean sprouts, tofu and corriander leaves and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot!
- For vegetarian use the vegetable stock.
We left out the tofu... this was GREAT! Yummy yummy yummy!
great soup! i skipped the bamboo shoots and coriander . i used egg tofu instead of the plain white ones.egg ones taste better. and i added 1/2 garlic clove per serving.
Very easy soup to prepare. I felt it needed a little flavor boost so I added a large bulb of fresh, this year garlic, chopped - The new garlic is very gentle in the flavor and that did it. The other thing that I did differently was to put the chopped green onion and coriander directly into the soup bowl and then ladled the boiling soup over them. The color stays brighter this way. Thanks Charishma for an excellent soup