Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Recipe Goldmine. For use in a jelly roll cake.
Make and share this Clear Lemon Jelly Filling recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 4 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, corn starch and salt.
- Stir in water gradually.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Continue to cook at a boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add lemon peel and butter.
- Stir in lemon juice and food coloring.
- Allow to cool before using.
- *If the filling is too soft, refrigerate.
I made this to use as doughnut filling. I followed the recipe to the letter. Very delicious! Be sure not to walk away even for a second because it gets thick very quickly. I actually let it go a little too far, but once the butter, zest, and juice went in it was perfect. I will be making this a lot, as I'm a big-time lemon junkie. Thanks so much for sharing this simple and quick recipe!
Excellent lemon filling. Followed recipe and well written instructions, and had no trouble with the gel thickening. I used a small amount of Lemon Yellow gel food coloring, because the uncolored gel didn't look very appetizing. I used filling for 2 dozen cupcakes, (using #58213,Lemon pillow cake) Excellent results! Thanks for posting.
Used for my jelly roll cake. Consistency was perfect! However, I did only use 1/2 cup of sugar and then found that it was way too sour so I made a second batch to mix with the first one and cut the amount of lemon juice in half. Thanks for the recipe!