1/3 Photos of Clear Fruit Glaze for Cakes
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I knew this recipe wouldn't be here at Zaar because it's very very old. It came from my ex-boyfriend's Aunt Suzie. She was different from the rest of the family (she a Baptist, they were Catholic) which made her the black sheep. She and I got along like peas and carrots. I commented that I loved to cook and she gave me this recipe. It was her husband's grandmother's recipe. She said it was his favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the sugar and 1/2 cup juice to a boil.
- 2Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining juice. Add to the boiling juice and cook till thick.
- 3Stir in the corn syrup. Bring back to a boil and remove from heat.
- 4Cool and drizzle over cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clear Fruit Glaze for Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 109.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: