I found this recipe on the Internet, but I can't remember where. I'd seen a reference to Amish Crackerball Soup in something I read, but it didn't have a recipe. I searched and found this. Haven't made it yet, but I thought it sounded good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, beat egg lightly. Stir in the melted butter.
- 2Mix in the remaining ingredients except the stock. Shape into walnut sized balls.
- 3Allow to stand 30 minutes to swell.
- 4Bring the stock to a simmer in a large saucepan. Drop the balls into the broth and cook over medium-low heat, covered, for 10 minutes. Don't peek.
- 5Ladle the soup into bowls, allowing 2-3 crackerballs per serving.
- 6Sprinkle thyme over the top of the soup.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clear Chicken Soup With Crackerball Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.8
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 816.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: