Recipe by Sully7
This cleaner is great. I use it for everything. Laundry (1/2 cup per load) Dishes (a squirt in the sink) Dishwashers (in the prewash only)Bathroom. It is a combination of many recipies for laundry soap I have discovered on the web, but it will clean everything! One batch will last a long time and will cost way less than $1. I just discovered a new use for this awesome stuff... It cleans grout! Just pour some on your floor (My kitchen grout was nasty!) and scrub the grout lightly. Rinse it and enjoy clean grout with no nasty chemicals!!!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is a wonderful cleanser! I made it as soon as I saw it:-) Since I did not have naptha soap at home, I used vanilla pear as a substitute. I did add essential oils to this cleanser in step 7. I used lavender oil, patchouli oil, orange oil, jasmine oil, eucalyptus oil, grapefruit oil, lemon oil, rosemary oil, rose oil and chamomile oil. This made this cleanser smell soooo good that I left it in a bucket at the entrance of my house for the whole of last night and oh my, my house smelt so good I can't tell you in words! I used it to clean my kitchen sink and now its shining and sparkling like new!!!! I'm going to use this tomorrow to clean my bathroom tub. UPDATE: I used this today after cooking dinner to clean my kitchen tile floor. My God! It is shining and looks so clean and not just clean, it is so soft too to my feet. Update: Over the last few days, I have used this in alot of places and its worked like the wand of a fairy, just leaves everything so sparkling clean and wonderful(smells good too with the essential oils I added). I have used this to remove soap scum and some black mark deposits I had on my shower curtain. They were gone with scrubbing this cleanser on them with a sponge. My shower curtain looks brand new now! I also used this to clean the electric unit on which I cook all the food everyday. There were some black marks and oil stains and turmeric stains on it...all of which have gone thanks to this awesome cleanser! I can't thank you enough for posting this recipe. I have shared this with alot of folks and everyone's so happy with it. Thanks so much for such a nice recipe!
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup borax
- 1⁄2 cup washing soda
- 1⁄3 of fels naptha soap bar
- water, to make 2 gallons
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil.
- Grate 1/3 Bar of Fels Naptha soap into water Add 1/2 cup Borax and 1/2 cup Washing Soda (don't use Baking Soda it won't turn out right.) Cook until the soap is melted and the powders have dissolved.
- It should become the consistensy of honey.
- Add water 2 cups at a time, heating the mixture all the while.
- Make sure that the mixture doesn't start to seperate.
- If if does keep heating and wait till it becomes a thick liquid again.
- Add all the water this way.
- It will be thick and goopy.
- Let cool.
- It will turn into a thick gel.
- Put it into squirt bottles using a funnel.
- You may need to squish it into the bottles.
- (Don't use spray bottles, you need bottles like dish detergent bottles.)
- One note: This cleaner does not foam so it rinses very easily!