Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This cleaner is great. I use it for everything. Laundry (1/2 cup per load) Dishes (a squirt in the sink) Dishwashers (in the prewash only)Bathroom. It is a combination of many recipies for laundry soap I have discovered on the web, but it will clean everything! One batch will last a long time and will cost way less than $1. I just discovered a new use for this awesome stuff... It cleans grout! Just pour some on your floor (My kitchen grout was nasty!) and scrub the grout lightly. Rinse it and enjoy clean grout with no nasty chemicals!!!
- Bring water to boil.
- Grate 1/3 Bar of Fels Naptha soap into water Add 1/2 cup Borax and 1/2 cup Washing Soda (don't use Baking Soda it won't turn out right.) Cook until the soap is melted and the powders have dissolved.
- It should become the consistensy of honey.
- Add water 2 cups at a time, heating the mixture all the while.
- Make sure that the mixture doesn't start to seperate.
- If if does keep heating and wait till it becomes a thick liquid again.
- Add all the water this way.
- It will be thick and goopy.
- Let cool.
- It will turn into a thick gel.
- Put it into squirt bottles using a funnel.
- You may need to squish it into the bottles.
- (Don't use spray bottles, you need bottles like dish detergent bottles.)
- One note: This cleaner does not foam so it rinses very easily!