Recipe by DoryJean54
A few household items that amazling cleans silver. I had a badly tarnished dish that these few items cleaned right up.
Top Review by grfox33
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. I used it as written. My sterling silver sugar bowl is better than it has been since I got it in'69. It went slow for 5 minutes then wow! It was perfect. I don't look like such a bad house keeper now! The smell was mild. I did my bowl, 3 spoons and a cake server. I have cabnet full of silver plate i keep behind closed doors. Now they can be moved to the glass door shelves. Thankyou again and for all the reviewser, with out them i wouldn't have tried it.
- 1 sheet aluminum foil, to fit in sink
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups very hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the above ingredients in a clean kitchen sink.
- Put your tarnished silver and silver plated items into the sink and let sit for a few minutes.
- Watch as the tarnish disappears from the silverware and reappears on the foil.
- Rinse extremely well with water to prevent pitting of silverplate.