Displaced Chef's Note:
I came up with this because I was low on money and used what I had.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (12 ounce) package turkey kielbasa
- 1 red beans and rice mix
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 (10 ounce) package burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning
- lettuce (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 3Heat refried beans (can be done in microwave or on the stove).
- 4Slice kielbasa into chunks and place in food processor along with taco seasoning and 1/2 can tomato sauce, process until finely ground.
- 5Take the tortilla layer meat, cheese, rice, and refried beans.
- 6Roll up and place in casserole dish, repeat till you have used all the tortillas.
- 7Heat Velveeta and canned chili until cheese has melted, pour over burritos.
- 8Bake in oven for 30 minutes, serve with lettuce and sour cream.
- 9Makes 7-8 Burritos.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cleaning out the Cupboard Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.6
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.3 mg
- Sodium 1941.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red beans and rice mix