Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Needed to use up the pork and looked in the pantry. SUPRISE it was pretty good.
- 1 cup pulled pork or 1 cup other leftover pork
- 1 slightly tired red potatoes
- 1⁄2 can mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dehydrated onion, toasted if ya got em
- 1 dash black pepper
- Microwave potato untill cooked 7 minutes for me.
- let cool, quarter, and slice 1/4" or so.
- spread potato and pork in casserole.
- mix soup, water, and onion flakes.
- pour over meat and potatoes.
- grind on the pepper.
- Bake 400 degrees for about 30 minutes uncovered in oven.
Perfect for leftover carnitas! Have made a few variations based on what was in the pantry at the time; added more potatoes, canned corn, used cream-of anything I had, spread out Pilsbury biscuit dough on top... This is definately one that we make at least once a month - thanks
I added more potatoes to it. also added cheese and those onion fries. We laid it on top of toast. It was a big hit with the family. I never know what to do with leftovers. Thanks for the recipe.