Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cucumber has healing properties not just for the skin, but also for your insides! A valuable source of potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, silicon, chlorine and fluorine, the cucumber taken with vegetables, cereals, fruits, nuts and salads enhances the nutritional value of food items. And not only is it good for maintaining the blood alkalinity, it also operates as one of the best natural diuretics. Recipe courtesy of Rachael’s mag.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ice cube
- 2 cups tonic water
- Set aside 2 cucumber slices.
- In a blender, combine 1 cup cold water with the remaining cucumber, the lemon juice and the honey.
- Strain into a pitcher filled with ice, top with the tonic water and stir.
- Garnish with the 2 cucumber slices.