My garden runneth over so I threw this together. Vary your veggies depending on what is maturing. I used mixed lettuce leaves finely chopped for the greens. You will want to chop the greens quite fine so they fit on the spoon nicely. I like to float herbed croutons in it.
- 6 cups vegetable broth, canned or your own
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled,seeded & chopped
- 2 cups fresh greens or 2 cups spinach or 2 cups lettuce or 2 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered or 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
- 2 anaheim chilies or 2 other bell peppers, seeded,membranes removed & chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Simple- put everything in a large pot, bring to a boil.
- Simmer 10 minutes and serve.