1/2 Photos of Clean Eating Wakame Brown Rice Salad With Tofu
2 hrs 50 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Clean Eating, May/June 2009. A Japanese salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried shiitake mushroom
- 1/4 cup wakame seaweed, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes, then drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (can use vegan Soy Sauce Substitute With Very Low Sodium #295264)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 ounces medium firm tofu, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1Cook rice according to package directions; add carrot during last 5 minutes of cooking and mix.
- 2Meanwhile, soak mushrooms in a bowl with enough warm water to cover and let stand for 20 minutes. Drain and chop mushrooms.
- 3Transfer rice and carrots to a large mixing bowl. Add mushrooms, wakame and bell pepper. Combine well.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, agave nectar (or honey), soy sauce, ginger and oil.
- 5Pour sauce over rice mixture and toss to combine.
- 6Carefully stir in tofu.
- 7Refrigerate for 2-4 hours for best flavor. Can be kept in refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clean Eating Wakame Brown Rice Salad With Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 283.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried shiitake mushrooms
rice wine vinegar