Prep 2 hrs
Cook 7 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Clean Eating, May/June 2009. A Japanese salad.
Make and share this Clean Eating Sunomono Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 English seedless cucumbers, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 ounces crabmeat (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Finely slice cucumbers into 1/8-inch or thinner pieces and place in medium mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar and oil. Pour over cucumber slices and toss together.
- Divide quinoa among 4 salad plates and place cucumber slices on top.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine crab meat with lemon juice. Divide evenly on top of cucumber slices.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours for best flavor. Can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Garnish with cilantro immediately before serving.
This is a beautiful, fresh tasting salad that went really well with the Minced Garlic Chicken Served in Lettuce Leaves we had for dinner tonight. Because we were having chicken I left off the crab and served it as a vegetarian side. We expect to do some crabbing later in the week, so I think I will make this again using fresh crab as I think it would be amazing.