Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Clean Eating, May/June 2009. Serve this Japanese-inspired salad with quinoa or brown rice to make a satisfying meal.
- 16 ounces shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 celery ribs, sliced diagonally
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried wakame seaweed, soaked 5 minutes in cold water, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil over medium-high heat; add shrimp and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Next, drain shrimp and immediately rinse in cold water to stop cooking; transfer to large bowl.
- Add celery, onions and wakame and combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce and oil; pour over shrimp mixture and toss to combine.
- Best refrigerated for 2-3 hourse before serving; can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.