Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
I usually replace my mini blinds when they get dirty because they are a pain to clean. Not this time! I looked up how to clean blinds and found the simplest technique out there.... and it worked! Try this out. It will save you lots of money and time. Make sure you use Automatic Dishwasher Detergent.
- 236.59 ml dish detergent, automatic
- hot water
- Run straight hot water into your bathtub until there is enough to just cover the blinds.
- Add detergent and mix with your hand. Place blinds into the bathtub water.
- Soak until the water gets cold.
- Run a long handled brush (such as a toilet brush) over the blinds. I really didn't have to scrub at all.
- Remove from tub to drain on a towel. Hang to completely dry.
I forgot to wright a review on this, and was ready to clean my blinds again, and was looking this up. This works really well. I will always use this method.
This was very effective. The blinds did have some water spots, so I wonder if putting a rinse agent in the water would take care of that. It felt great to put back up my squeaky clean blinds.
This recipe made it into our Book #242923! 12/03/09 - This is how my mom cleaned the blinds from way back in the 60's and it works great! Even regular dish soap and a rag works. Nowadays, add a bit of oxy to the water and bleach (if they are white blinds). For those who don't know and happen upon this... you will be forever grateful to have found it. :)