Recipe by TammieV
This low fat, low sodium recipe is from the "Good Health Clay Pot Cookbook" and is added in responce to a thread.
- 2 dozen clams, in the shell
- 1 dozen large shrimp, in the shell
- 1 dozen large scallop
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 small green tomatoes, pulverized,a morter and pestal,blender or food processor will work
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 pinch chopped oregano
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green pepper, sliced in rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the top and bottom of 3 qt clay pot in water for 10 minutes, drain.
- Wash all shellfish in cold running water.
- Line bottom of pot with onions, top with clams.
- Add shrimp and put scallops on top.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on top.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover pot and place in a cold oven.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 40 minutes.
- The broth can be poured off and served as a simple soup if desired.
- Serve with a saffron rice or maybe a curried couscous.