Recipe by Muffythechef
The name says it all ... rice cooked in a claypot, with chicken and/or other meats. The claypot gives the rice a slightly burnt flavour which makes it oh so yummy! This is a popular dish at the hawker stands in Singapore and Malaysia, although it is more commonly made at home.
- 250 g chicken thighs, chopped and marinated with light soya sauce
- 354.88 ml rice
- 1 piece Chinese sausage, sliced (optional)
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml shallot, minced
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml dark soya sauce
- 14.79 ml oyster sauce
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice, chicken broth, garlic and shallots into claypot.
- Mix in dark soya sauce, oyster sauce, pepper and sesami oil.
- Cook rice in chicken broth with a claypot over a medium flame.
- Leave the lid of the claypot closed during cooking until the broth is nearly evaporated.
- Open lid and pour in chicken thigh and chinese sausage.
- Replace the lid and continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes.
- Open the lid and stir the rice mixture to prevent the rice from sticking too much to the pot.
- Cook until the rice is cooked (should be soft and fluffy).
- Remove rice and serve.
- Add additional dark soya sauce and pepper to taste.