1/1 Photo of Clay Pot Rice With Chicken
The name says it all ... rice cooked in a claypot, with chicken and/or other meats. The claypot gives the rice a slightly burnt flavour which makes it oh so yummy! This is a popular dish at the hawker stands in Singapore and Malaysia, although it is more commonly made at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g chicken thighs, chopped and marinated with light soya sauce
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1 piece Chinese sausage, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Place rice, chicken broth, garlic and shallots into claypot.
- 2Mix in dark soya sauce, oyster sauce, pepper and sesami oil.
- 3Cook rice in chicken broth with a claypot over a medium flame.
- 4Leave the lid of the claypot closed during cooking until the broth is nearly evaporated.
- 5Open lid and pour in chicken thigh and chinese sausage.
- 6Replace the lid and continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes.
- 7Open the lid and stir the rice mixture to prevent the rice from sticking too much to the pot.
- 8Cook until the rice is cooked (should be soft and fluffy).
- 9Remove rice and serve.
- 10Add additional dark soya sauce and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clay Pot Rice With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 870.7
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 1557.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 37.2 g