1/1 Photo of Clay-Pot Orange Chicken
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 40 mins
I found this somewhere on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Presoak pot, top and bottom, in water for fifteen minutes.
- 2Wash chicken, inside and out, under running cold water.
- 3Rub inside of chicken with salt, pepper and pressed garlic.
- 4Stuff with orange slices, peeled.
- 5Place chicken in pot, breast down.
- 6Grate the orange rind and sprinkle over chicken.
- 7Add orange juice, soy sauce, ginger, allspice and brown sugar.
- 8Place covered pot in cold oven. Turn temperature to 250°C.
- 9Cook 90 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- 10Ten minutes before done, remove from oven, pour liquid into saucepan.
- 11Return the pot, uncovered, to oven for final 10 minutes to brown the chicken.
- 12Meanwhile, bring sauce to a boil and thicken with cornstarch or arrowroot.
- 13You may want to add a bit of brown sugar to the sauce, to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clay-Pot Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.7
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 1152.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 41.3 g