Cook1 hr 35 mins
This is adapted from a recipe that came with my Schlemmertopf clay pot.
Make and share this Clay Pot Hungarian Chicken Paprika recipe from Food.com.
- Soak your clay cooker per its manufacturer's instructions; in my case, I soak the lid of my Glazed Schlemmertopf for 10 minutes before use.
- Place bacon, onions and green pepper into the clay pot.
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces, sprinkle with paprika, then add to the pot along with the potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 425° for 1 hour 20 minutes (my clay pot requires going into a non-preheated cold oven before setting the oven temperature).
- Remove clay pot from oven; if adding sour cream, whisk it in at this time (I usually remove everything first then add it back in). Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with crusty French bread.