This is a fairly quick casserole dish with little fussing. Can be made cooked 1-2 days ahead or will freeze for up to 1 month with sweet potato/carrot omitted (steam/boil separately when dish is reheating). From Family Circle Chinese & Asian cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash chicken under cold water. Pat dry with absorbent paper.
- 2Cut into small pieces. Place in a dish with the soy sauce and sherry, cover and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 3Soak mushrooms in hot water to cover for 30 minutes. Drain, squeeze to remove excess liquid. Remove stems and chop caps into shreds.
- 4Wash leeks thoroughly to remove all grit; cut leeks and sweet potato/carrot into thin slices.
- 5Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade. Heat half the oil in a wok or heavy-based frying pan.
- 6Carefully add half the chicken pieces and stirfry briefly until seared on all sides. Transfer to a flameproof clay pot or casserole dish; stirfry the remaining chicken and add to the clay pot.
- 7Heat remaining oil in wok, add leek and ginger, stirfry for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, the remaining marinade, stock and sesame oil.
- 8Transfer to the clay pot, add sweet potato/carrot and cook, covered, on the top of the stove over a very low heat for about 20 minutes (I cooked in the oven 160 degrees celcius for 20 minutes).
- 9Dissolve cornflour with a little water and add to the pot. Cook, stirring, until the mixture boils and thickens.
- 10Serve the chicken and vegetables at once with rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clay Pot Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 446.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: