a traditional homecooked dish and also one of the local favourites. you can try adding in rice to cook together( claypot chicken rice)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small roasting chicken, chopped into medium sized pieces
- 3 cm gingerroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 1/2 tablespoons chinese rice wine (hua tiao wine)
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 stalks spring onions, thinly sliced for garnishing
- 1heat oil in a large frying pan over high fire.
- 2brown chicken in batches.
- 3transfer chicken into claypot.
- 4add ginger and garlic. pour wine, soy sauce and sesame oil over. mix well.
- 5cover the claypot and simmer over low fire for 30-40 mins, or until chicken is cooked.
- 6sprinkle spring onions on top and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clay Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.3
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 1745.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: