Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a traditional homecooked dish and also one of the local favourites. you can try adding in rice to cook together( claypot chicken rice)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small roasting chicken, chopped into medium sized pieces
- 3 cm gingerroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons chinese rice wine (hua tiao wine)
- 5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 stalks spring onions, thinly sliced for garnishing
- heat oil in a large frying pan over high fire.
- brown chicken in batches.
- transfer chicken into claypot.
- add ginger and garlic. pour wine, soy sauce and sesame oil over. mix well.
- cover the claypot and simmer over low fire for 30-40 mins, or until chicken is cooked.
- sprinkle spring onions on top and serve with rice.