Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from a great restaurant in Somerset, Ohio.
- 6 large potatoes
- 10 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour, if needed
- Peel and slice potatoes. Boil until soft but not mushy. Drain.
- Brown bacon and onions in a large skillet until bacon is crisp. Combine vinegar and water and add to skillet. Add salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil to thicken.
- If furthur thickening is needed, combine flour with 1 tbsp water and stir into skillet.
- Put potato slices in a large bowl. Toss with salt and pepper if desired. Add hot dressing from skillet and stir gently. Serve warm.