Recipe by selooj
This is a copy cat recipe from recipegoldmine.com...
Top Review by ronnieshaw
I 'm giving this recipe one star not because of taste but because it is so poorly written. There are no instruction on what size jars to use so how do you know if you have the proportions right? I not a total beginner to canning but this recipe is very incomplete!
- claussen kosher dill pickle
- 1 1⁄2 quarts boiled water, cooled
- 2 dill flowers
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 6 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put dill flower and garlic in bottom of a Mason jar.
- Add the cucumbers.
- Put sprigs of dill in center of cucumbers.
- Add salt and vinegar, then fill jar with boiled water that is now cool to within 1/8th of top.
- Put on seal and ring.
- Shake to dissolve salt.
- Set upside down on counter away from sunlight and heat.
- Let sit 4 to 5 days turning the jar either upright or upside down each day.
- Let sit upright 2 more days, then refrigerate.
- Lasts about 6 months.