1/1 Photo of Claussen-Like Refrigerator Pickles
166 hrs 59 mins
166 hrs 39 mins
Found this online and I wanted to save it so I can make yummy pickles!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups distilled water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon non-iodine kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 -4 black peppercorns
- 2 -4 whole allspice
- 1/2-1 whole dried cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch dill seed
- 1 pinch dill weed
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar or 1 whole carrot
- washed cucumber
- 1Combine the water, vinegar and salt and bring it to a boil.
- 2Put the spices and cucumbers in quart jars.
- 3Pour the brine mixture over the cucumbers and spices in the jars and seal.
- 4Put them in the refrigerator: Ready in 7-10 days. Keeps 8 - 19 weeks.
- 5Brine can be re used.
- 6This recipe can be multiplied by keeping these proportions: 3 parts water, 1 part vinegar and the spices are for a quart jar.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Claussen-Like Refrigerator Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1750.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: