Cook166 hrs 39 mins
Found this online and I wanted to save it so I can make yummy pickles!
Make and share this Claussen-Like Refrigerator Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups distilled water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon non-iodine kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 -4 black peppercorns
- 2 -4 whole allspice
- 1⁄2-1 whole dried cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch dill seed
- 1 pinch dill weed
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar or 1 whole carrot
- washed cucumber
- Combine the water, vinegar and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Put the spices and cucumbers in quart jars.
- Pour the brine mixture over the cucumbers and spices in the jars and seal.
- Put them in the refrigerator: Ready in 7-10 days. Keeps 8 - 19 weeks.
- Brine can be re used.
- This recipe can be multiplied by keeping these proportions: 3 parts water, 1 part vinegar and the spices are for a quart jar.
I'm a Claussen pickle addict. I tried Claussen Kosher Pickle Copycat Claussen kosher pickle copycat and found them to be way too salty. Inedibly so. I just made a batch of this recipe with high hopes. I will rate it in a few days.
*** Update ***
After sitting for 5 days these pickles are on their way to pickle greatness! They still have a slight cucumber flavor but I think that makes them taste really fresh. I actually like these better than Claussen!!!
These are the best pickles I have tried in years! I make pickles every year and throw them out. These were keepers!
Thank you!!!!!.... Thank You!!!!!!!......Burger Monster you are the best...These are actually better that Claussen....I will be making these always...BEST REVIEW....AND UPDATE!!!!