Cook166 hrs 39 mins
Found this online and I wanted to save it so I can make yummy pickles!
Make and share this Claussen-Like Refrigerator Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups distilled water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon non-iodine kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced dried garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 2 -4 black peppercorns
- 2 -4 whole allspice
- 1⁄2-1 whole dried cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch dill seed
- 1 pinch dill weed
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar or 1 whole carrot
- washed cucumber
- Combine the water, vinegar and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Put the spices and cucumbers in quart jars.
- Pour the brine mixture over the cucumbers and spices in the jars and seal.
- Put them in the refrigerator: Ready in 7-10 days. Keeps 8 - 19 weeks.
- Brine can be re used.
- This recipe can be multiplied by keeping these proportions: 3 parts water, 1 part vinegar and the spices are for a quart jar.