Two weeks ago I was in the grocery store and a man was buying fresh dill. We started talking and he said he was making Claussen Clone Pickles (my favorite) I asked him to call me with the recipe and he did and this is it. His name is Joe Knutowski. He uses his old ice cream pails to pack them in instead of gallon jars. I make these alot in pickle season and they have stayed good into the spring and they are really a close copycat.
- Slice cucumbers lengthwise into quarters; add to sterilized jars along with the dill.
- Boil liquids and seasonings to dissolve the salt then cool.
- Pour over pickles and let sit on counter for three days shaking or turning them occasionally,
- Refrigerate. He said they keep for a year.
- Please do not try to use the regular grocery store cucumbers, they have wax on them and they will not turn out. You can use grocery store pickling cucumbers as they are not waxed.