1 hr 5 mins
Tender Vittles's Note:
There are similar recipes on zaar, but I will swear by this one. Got this from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from a bed & breakfast she stayed at. Prepare it the night before you want to serve it and pop it in the oven in the morning for a wonderful breakfast. Easy & delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small heavy saucepan or skillet, melt butter with brown sugar and corn syrup over moderate heat, stirring and cooking until smooth and glossy. Pour into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. NOTE: I have doubled the ingredients in this step so that there is an extra syrupiness on the bottom.
- 2Cut bread into 1-inch slices.
- 3For the first layer, arrange about ten bread slices on top of the sugar mixture, squeezing them down to slightly fit. (I say about because it depends on how big your french loaf is).
- 4In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, vanilla, Grand Marnier and salt until combined well.
- 5SLOWLY pour about half of the mixture over the first layer of bread slices.
- 6Place the final layer of bread slices over the first, matching the slices, sandwich style.
- 7SLOWLY pour the remaining egg mixture over the top layer of bread, letting mixture soak into the entire surface of each slice of bread.
- 8Chill, covered at least 8 hours and up to one day (I like to make the night before, put in the fridge and pop in the oven in the morning).
- 9Remove bread mixture from refrigerator about 1 hour before baking.
- 10Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 11Bake uncovered in the middle of the oven until puffed edges are golden - about 45 minutes.
- 12Serve immediately.
- 13Be sure to serve both layers together as the yummy part is on the bottom of the pan. (No need for table syrup).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Clauser's Bed & Breakfast Creme Brulee French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.1
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 508.4 mg
- Sodium 860.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: