Recipe by Lalaloob
My friend Claud, The famous French chef who owned The Cafe Mondaine in New York, created this divine sauce. He shared this recipe with me. And now I am sharing this with the rest of the World because it is one of the BEST sauces I've ever tasted. Bon Appetit.
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄2 lb sugar
- 9 egg yolks
- 1 fluid ounce cognac
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark rum (2 shots)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring milk and sugar to boil. Stir.
- In a separate bowl, separate eggs: keep stirring yolks, vanilla and a little milk. When milk boils, stir with egg mixture (don't whip).
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon.
- The Creme Anglaise is done when it coats the spoon - do not overcook.
- Add rum and brandy.
- Let cool to room temperature before you refrigerate.