1/5 Photos of Claudia's Low Fat Spinach & Bacon Quiche Muffins
Claudia Dawn's Note:
I've been perfecting this recipe since having something similar at Panera Bread. The garlic in it is not to be overwhelming - just a kiss of garlic. Garlic lovers, please resist the temptation to double the garlic. This recipe will knock your socks off, as is! So delicious! Great for freezing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup turkey bacon, diced (approx 1/4 - 1/2 pounds)
- 3 ounces fat free cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/4 cups Egg Beaters egg substitute (or 5 eggs, beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced (optional)
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen spinach, thawed & liquid squeezed out
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Saute onions & garlic in olive oil, 1 minute.
- 3Add turkey bacon, cook until bacon is browned, but not crisp, approximately 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain. (I like to blot with a paper towel to get out all the excess grease.).
- 4Combine cream cheese, Eggbeaters and milk; smashing cream cheese with back of the spoon until it is broken up.
- 5Add salt & pepper to taste to egg mixture.
- 6Add bacon mixture, green onions, cheese and spinach to egg mixture.
- 7Unroll crescent rolls.
- 8Working with Â¼ of the crescent rolls at a time (2 triangles), pinch seams together and roll with rolling pin out on floured board to an 8x8 square. Cut into fourths.
- 9Place Â¼ into each muffin cavity to form 1 muffin. Press up in muffin tin to fully line the muffin cavity.
- 10Repeat with remaining crescent rolls.
- 11Bake 20 to 25 minutes @ 375 degrees or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- 12When slightly cooled, run knife around muffin to release. Serve or store for later use.
- 13Cool completely before storing in Ziplock bag.
- 14When ready to serve, place muffin on plate and reheat in microwave.
- 15Yield: 16 muffins.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Claudia's Low Fat Spinach & Bacon Quiche Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 42.9
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.0 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute
refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls