Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here is another easy recipe made up for daughter Claudia. She needs guidance at the stove but she really enjoys making this one.
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place water, salt, and oil in a 2-quart saucepan and bring to boiling.
- Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
- Boil gently, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan,basil and pepper.
- Makes 4 servings.