Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
My boss's wife has always made the best chocolate chip cookies. This recipe contains her tricks for the perfect chewy, soft cookie.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded teaspoonfuls (approx. golf ball sized) onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 325F for 12 minutes (until the edges just barely start to brown). Cool on the sheet for a couple minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
These weren't my favorite chocolate chip cookies. I couldn't get them to bake through, even though they appeared done, and though I don't mind slightly underdone cookies, these fell apart (but they tasted good, and even better two days later). 3 stars.