- 250 g chickpeas, soaked in cold water overnight
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the chickpeas and simmer in fresh water for about an hour or until tender. Reserve the cooking water.
- Process the chickpeas in a blender (or food processor) with the lemon juice, tahina, garlic, olive oil, salt and enough of the cooking liquid to obtain a soft creamy consistency.
- Serve on a flat plate, garnished with a dribble of olive oil, a dusting of paprika and ground cumin (this is usually done in the shape of a cross) and a little parsley.
- Serve with warm pita bread for dipping.