Recipe by Ron & Joyce Ripple Sr.
I got this recipe from a small free recipe book from KFC CLAUDIA SANDERS' REFRIGERATOR ROLLS
Top Review by Let's Cook Lisa!
I can't understand why these haven't been reviewed! They are delicious, and ones I plan to make a lot! Make sure you don't overcook them. Mine took about 18 minutes and were golden on top, and perfect in the middle.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup potato, mashed
- 1 quart milk
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package cake yeast
- 10 -12 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add potatoes and cream again.
- In separate pot,m heat milk to lukewarm, and dissolve yeast. Pour milk mixture into shortening, sugar and potatoes.
- Ad enough flour (about 4 cups) to make a like a cake dough consistency.
- Stir in salt. Cover.
- Let rise 2 hours, stir in balance of flour (about 6 to 7 cups), baking soda and powder to make like biscuit dough-knead.
- Cover and refrigerate 1/2 hour, make into tolls.
- Let rise until double in size. Bake about 15-20 minutes.
- Refrigerate and use over 5 or 6 days.
- Makes 24 rolls.