Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an easy and wonderful tasting recipe for a pretty-looking, low-cal side-dish. Fresh spinach is wilted, shaped into a bundle, and topped with a delicate honey-orange-pistachio dressing... and that's all there is to it; done in 15 minutes! Using pure maple syrup makes this vegan. This is from www.meals.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons chopped shelled pistachios
- 10 cups fresh spinach leaves (approximately 3 bunches)
- 2 green onions, tops only,blanched
- Blend oil, vinegar, honey (or maple syrup) and orange peel; stir in pistachios and set aside.
- Place spinach in 2-quart microwave-safe container; cover with plastic wrap and vent.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) for 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Rinse with cold water; squeeze to drain.
- Divide into 4 bundles.
- Wrap each bundle with green onion tie.
- Drizzle with pistachio dressing.
- Serve warm or chilled.
Wonderful way to serve spinach. I wilted the spinach in my wok and only just wilted, cold water, squeeze dry and tie with green onion. I used Maple Syrup inthe dressing and with the vinegar gave it had a nice sweet sout flavor. What I like most is you can make this dish early in the day even drizzle it with the dressing and just add the pistachios just before serving I served it cold. Thank you Anu
So pretty, so easy. And terrific tasting. I especially liked the orange taste and fragrance. I made the dressing midday for tonight's meal so that probably allowed the zest to develop a bit more intensity-and I loved it. I used honey and served the spinach warm. I'm betting this would be a great dressing for raw spinach as well.