1/1 Photo of Classy Chicken Bundles
I took three classics from around the world Russian Chicken Kiev, French Cordon Bleu, American Buffalo Wings using Sriracha sauce for the hot sauce because it is so yummy and came up with Bundles of yumminess. Great to serve at a Dinner Party or eat half and freeze half for when you crave them. The chicken bundles are large and filling one can serve two very easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 chicken breasts, pounded 1/4 inch thick
- seasoning salt
- 8 slices rosmarino oven roasted ham with rosemary and garlic (both very thin slices) or 8 slices prosciutto (both very thin slices)
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 eggs
- flour, for dusting
- 3 cups crushed oven baked potato chips
- vegetable oil
- 24 ten inch pieces kitchen twine
- 1Season breasts and set aside.
- 2Place 6 tablespoon butter in one bowl add to it 4 tablespoon hot sauce and the vinegar. Set aside.
- 3Place the remaining butter hot sauce and blue cheese in an other bowl. Knead to blend and form 8 finger size pieces. Chill in freezer for at least 10 minutes.
- 4Place one slice of ham on each chicken breast.
- 5Place one piece of chilled cheese mixture on the ham.
- 6Roll up tightly tucking in sides. Tie three pieces of twine around each bundle. Clip ends of twine.
- 7Flour each bundle, dip into egg mixture of whisked eggs and 1 teaspoon water.
- 8Then coat with potato chips pressing in the chips to adhere. Place on a sheet pan and chill to set up for 30 minutes.
- 9Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 10In a large fry pan heat 1/2-1 inch oil.
- 11When hot brown all sides of bundles frying 4 at a time about 1-2 minutes per side.
- 12Not crowding on pan.
- 13Remove to sheet pan and fry the other four.
- 14When browned place in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- 15Meanwhile heat the buffalo sauce and stir to blend.
- 16Remove chicken bundles and pour sauce over them coating all sides.
- 17Let rest 10 minutes. Remove string or let each guest have the honors.
- 18HeHeHe --.
- 19Serve with rice, carrots sticks, celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Classy Chicken Bundles
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.7
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.9 mg
- Sodium 541.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
baked potato chips