Recipe by Lainey39
I've been looking lately for good recipes that are lower in fat and calories. I found this one on All Recipes and I couldn't believe how delicious it was so I had to post it here. It's elegant and fairly easy to make. It has a lot of flavor from the sun dried tomatoes and creamy white wine sauce.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 zucchini (cut in half lengthwise, then sliced diagonally)
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the flour into a shallow dish.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and then dredge in flour.
- Shake off excess.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken breasts on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Pour the chicken broth and white wine into the skillet, and scrape any chicken residue from the pan for flavor.
- Stir in the mustard.
- Cover, and cook for a few minutes until chicken is 'springy', but not cooked through. Add the zucchini and sun-dried tomatoes, then season with garlic and dill weed.
- Cover, and cook until the zucchini is tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a platter, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir sour cream into the pan liquid.
- If most of the liquid has evaporated, stir in a bit more wine or broth first.
- Season with salt to taste, and serve chicken with sauce poured over it.